Introduction to Printing for Photographers
Introduction to printing
The print is the perfect conclusion in the image making process. For a photographer, there is huge satisfaction in personally crafting their own beautiful print on fine art paper, rather than letting it languish on a hard drive or giving it to someone else to print for them.
There is a cost involved in printing and some are deterred because they feel printing is a complex process which is difficult to learn. This is not the case and for this reason we have the Fotospeed Academy.
The course will include:
- Setting up the camera for print
- Should you work in jpeg, raw or tiff?
- Basic colour management
- How to calibrate your screen
- What are paper profiles and how do you install them?
- Printing a colour chart for profiling
- Basic soft proofing techniques
- Basic sharpening techniques
- How big can I print from my camera?
- Understanding the print dialogue box
- My prints are too dark, what has gone wrong?
- Understanding papers
- Print session
Introduction to Printing for Photographers 08/09/20
Introduction to Printing for Photographers 10/11/20